- dress shoes (preferably black or brown shoes for boys and brown, black or white for girls) should be worn.
- Hair should be neat and trimmed, appropriate for boys and girls.
- Girls should have their hair tied back so that it is not in their face.
- Do not wear anything that will make noise and/or will be distracting, or that will cause you to have problems serving.
- Girls may wear “appropriate” earrings to serve.
Male Altar Servers in the Parish mainly Wear A Purple Soutan and White Surplice with the Exception of the MC who will wear a Black Soutan and a White Surplice. Depending on the Mass, their maybe one or two Master of Ceremonies. These are usually the Senior Altar Servers.
Girl Altar Servers usually wear a white alb when serving Mass.
ALTAR SERVER RULES
1. Attend Altar Sever Training Classes
2. Altar Servers should not leave the sanctuary after the start of Mass for any reason except bathroom emergencies, illness, or when directed to do so by the priest.
3. Serve at every mass that you scheduled for, or make arrangements to have someone cover the mass
4. Arrive at least 15 minutes before the Mass starts to get dressed and make sure that the Altar is prepared.
5. Make sure the candles are lit, bread, wine, water, towels, bowl, prayer book, and any other sacramentals are in their proper place.
6. Perform the duties assigned during the mass in the prescribed orderly manner
7. Maintain a prayerful posture during all times in the Sacristy. Your Hands should be joined.
8. After the mass, return to the Sanctuary, Sacristy, and preparation areas to ensure that everything is set up for the next mass.
9. Be quiet and respectful when on the Altar, you are role models.
10. Be attentive and respond immediately when the priest asks for help
11. PAY ATTENTION!!!!!
ALTAR SERVER'S PRAYER
Loving Father, Creator of the universe, you call your people to worship, to be with you and each other at Mass. Help me, for you have called me also. Keep me prayerful and alert. Help me to help others in prayer. Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in me. Keep me true to that trust. I make my prayer in Jesus' name, who is with us in the Holy Spirit. Amen.